Brief Notes

Unrelated to the rest of this post, I want to mention that another memorable experience last year was tripping on acid for the first time at Movement music festival. Granted my timing was a bit off and the effects hit me as I was using the porta-potty. I can't remember if I had a giant, cheesy pretzel before or after that but it was absolutely delicious. But I remember having the time of my life in the bathroom area and having a totally inaccurate sense of time. By the time I returned to the stage, the performance had just ended. I didn't have any deep thoughts, everything was just funny and I felt an overwhelming sense of euphoria. I'd say I'm curious to try some more mind-altering experiences at some point.

As for this post...I don't know why I've been getting these frequent urges to write. Is it because my mind and emotions are finally free from the cage I created when I was with R? What I do know is that it's been two months since I ended things. That was the best decision of 2018, no contest. If the events of December had unfolded differently, I may not have gotten to know a certain someone at all. Or maybe we would've met some other way. Recent events with said person has actually lent some optimism into my relationship with my mom. It's refreshing and I would like more of these kinds of moments. It's premature to say for sure, but I suspect that he brings out the better side of me. Now of course, my hormones are running, and that's where Othello keeps me grounded. I think because I trust him and a few others, I am able to hear them.

Comments

Popular Posts