New York City
I'm writing this from my room in Manhattan on my second night here in the city. Typing those words - it's still very hard to believe. Each time I tell people where I'll be working, it feels like news to me too. It also seems like there are people from all walks of life here. I do enjoy the diversity, for example, my housemate is South American. There is definitely a factor of loneliness that I'm not sure will dissipate as time goes on, but we shall see.
I guess the bigger picture here is deciding where I want to start dedicating my life to. Where do I feel at home? Where do I want to go in my career and life? What's important to my future? Where do I want to be 5 years down the road? It's as if I achieved this milestone I've had in university only to realize the path ahead is missing. Or maybe not missing so much as I've reached the end of one road and am now faced with an entire forest. There are a million ways I could go and I don't have clear enough of an idea of what I want. At 22, I feel like I know nothing and have all the world to learn.
I guess the bigger picture here is deciding where I want to start dedicating my life to. Where do I feel at home? Where do I want to go in my career and life? What's important to my future? Where do I want to be 5 years down the road? It's as if I achieved this milestone I've had in university only to realize the path ahead is missing. Or maybe not missing so much as I've reached the end of one road and am now faced with an entire forest. There are a million ways I could go and I don't have clear enough of an idea of what I want. At 22, I feel like I know nothing and have all the world to learn.
Comments