Thxgiving again

Sadly I know exactly a year ago today what I did. The day before I went gift shopping with the ex, helping him get gifts and buy clothes. I awkwardly brought up going to his family Thxgiving since we had been dating for almost a year. Fight ensued. And it's as pathetic as it sounds, I spent the day in his apartment and he brought leftovers back at the end of the evening...which I eat. I would've just spent the day in my own apt, but his was way nicer, was my defense, but it's the underlying cause of it all that makes it so humiliating.

This year, I'm thinking long and hard about what I want to accomplish in 2020. Was a bit surprised seeing that my posts go back to 2014 on here. I think that's good. Also looks like 2018 as well as 2013 were gap years.

Maybe once I get my cpa, I'll go live in a van for a year in Squamish...or Banff? But that's a long time. Maybe just 6 months. Maybe not at all. Maybe current company promotes me and sponsors me for h1b. Then will be committed to Chicago for way longer than intended, which would be fine I guess. But if the process calls for references from previous jobs...what will I do? I guess there's not really a point in moving after all...unless job satisfaction changes. Time to start being way nicer to everyone as I will be here a while...

Also last year just before the holiday weekend I got my offer call. So it's been a year. Who am I kidding, I'm thankful af.

Comments

Popular Posts