The Move
So it's the second night I'm sitting here on a sofa bed in my new temp stay place in Long Island City. My view? Just the 28th floor, ceiling to floor windows overlooking the East River and at the city. Admiring the lights and tall buildings from "afar" (because it actually looks really close) is quite the view...but when you're in there, it's a super fast-paced environment that sometimes feels like suffocation. Sometimes I ride the subway and wonder what are all these people doing here? Then I wonder if this is the place for me, or rather, could this be the place for me? Is this where I want to be? I don't know.
At the end of the day, I'm just grateful I have a place to sleep at night, whether it's on the couch bed in the living room or in one of the roommate's bed (when he's not there of course). Things could be worse.
I guess I didn't expect to have to move so soon but I'm just trying to keep up with all of life's twists and turns. To think I thought living at home or going to school was difficult, my experience in the city so far has been next level.
Where do I belong?
desda
At the end of the day, I'm just grateful I have a place to sleep at night, whether it's on the couch bed in the living room or in one of the roommate's bed (when he's not there of course). Things could be worse.
I guess I didn't expect to have to move so soon but I'm just trying to keep up with all of life's twists and turns. To think I thought living at home or going to school was difficult, my experience in the city so far has been next level.
Where do I belong?
desda
Comments