Self-evaluation and The Past

So I probably should've thought this through better the first time, but using subsections seems more reasonable than having too many "parts", especially for grouping purposes. I'm kind of a prick when it comes to organizing certain things, such as my major file folders, but I won't care about how disorganized everything is inside.

I've been clearing out an old bag used for storage purposes and in the process, revisited some high school memories, some as old as eight years ago. Some of it is a little cringeworthy, but I was mostly surprised at how little I remembered. I'm also glad to be enjoying a song at the moment that I'd forgotten about for years. Not everything travels with us through time, but the minute we go back, it's as if we never really left. I'd say I'm more emotional than the average person, but I'm not necessarily proud of it. In fact, I've wished for the opposite more times than I can count because there's no other way to describe it besides that it's crippling. Somehow looking through all this stuff and talking with othello about this "problem" of mine has made me realize or at least consider the possibility that I've been focusing all my attention on all the wrong things, maybe even since time. If I can start mastering my emotions, then there may be hope yet.

So instead of worrying tirelessly about the nitty-gritty details of daily life, I need to worry about the things that have substance and importance. Maybe most people don't understand or have never experienced this, but what I'm describing is essentially the inability to let go of and the need to indefinitely speculate over meaningless things.

Here's to a much more logical tomorrow, and to all the days thereafter.

desda

Comments

Popular Posts