The "L"
It still doesn't feel real. Will it ever? I suppose after 3 months in NYC, that felt real and I was super sad to have to leave. I was always glad to have that experience, but additionally, now it had also served as a "prep" for this move. Chicago is a better version of NYC, at least for me. There are things about Detroit I still miss, and probably always will, but I could definitely get used to being here.
Work is good...the team is pretty good and the overall company is good. My only "disappointment" is in that our industry thrives on people's vices and likely the affected end users are those of low income. But at its roots, that is a cultural problem. Different countries have different dietary staples, and while we are profiting off this consistent trend, we aren't the problem.
So for now, my only job should be to do a good job. After that, I can think about other more "meaningful" industries. The typical conclusions would be in healthcare, or research that advances mankind, social services, and environmental preservation.
My personal life is fine also. I've been 3 months clean of a horrible, toxic relationship. Maybe that was a necessary evil to endure, but god damn. It's like I didn't live my life for me for a whole year. I am reminded of this terrifying sentiment from time to time. I suppose I should keep that less in the back of my mind as I tend to let my emotions consume me. I had a brief thing that ended a few days ago by choice, and while he was perfect in every way, something was missing. I'm not sure being long distance was the issue.
Similar to othello, it takes a while for me to meet "interesting" people. There are varying degrees of interesting, so here I am talking about the "very interesting." It started out as purely just an incredibly shallow desire, that technically originated 5 months ago. He immediately stood out in the crowd, but I didn't think I'd be moving to Chicago at the time. I really thought I had landed that Denver job. Anyway, this person I had nearly, but not, forgotten, showed up again. I guess I had relatively low expectations or put little thought into him being an actual interesting person...or just person in general. I feel slightly bad for completely objectifying him now. Wow, in the grand scheme of things that is actually pretty rude. As it turns out, said person is quite intelligent. It's not like I went to a prestigious school/program, so I haven't had the chance to meet what I'm assuming to be "these types of people." Overall, I am excited to meet different kinds of people, and every day riding the train, I realized that this is a city filled with people from diverse backgrounds, all with a story to tell.
Work is good...the team is pretty good and the overall company is good. My only "disappointment" is in that our industry thrives on people's vices and likely the affected end users are those of low income. But at its roots, that is a cultural problem. Different countries have different dietary staples, and while we are profiting off this consistent trend, we aren't the problem.
So for now, my only job should be to do a good job. After that, I can think about other more "meaningful" industries. The typical conclusions would be in healthcare, or research that advances mankind, social services, and environmental preservation.
My personal life is fine also. I've been 3 months clean of a horrible, toxic relationship. Maybe that was a necessary evil to endure, but god damn. It's like I didn't live my life for me for a whole year. I am reminded of this terrifying sentiment from time to time. I suppose I should keep that less in the back of my mind as I tend to let my emotions consume me. I had a brief thing that ended a few days ago by choice, and while he was perfect in every way, something was missing. I'm not sure being long distance was the issue.
Similar to othello, it takes a while for me to meet "interesting" people. There are varying degrees of interesting, so here I am talking about the "very interesting." It started out as purely just an incredibly shallow desire, that technically originated 5 months ago. He immediately stood out in the crowd, but I didn't think I'd be moving to Chicago at the time. I really thought I had landed that Denver job. Anyway, this person I had nearly, but not, forgotten, showed up again. I guess I had relatively low expectations or put little thought into him being an actual interesting person...or just person in general. I feel slightly bad for completely objectifying him now. Wow, in the grand scheme of things that is actually pretty rude. As it turns out, said person is quite intelligent. It's not like I went to a prestigious school/program, so I haven't had the chance to meet what I'm assuming to be "these types of people." Overall, I am excited to meet different kinds of people, and every day riding the train, I realized that this is a city filled with people from diverse backgrounds, all with a story to tell.
Comments